Well, I started training a new missionary this week, Hermana Jiménez! She is amazing! She is so sweet and fun and we have really had a great time together. She`s from Guatemala and has 2 brothers and lives with her mom. She is seriously so cute. And it`s been so great to have the opportunity to train! And take a wild guess where we have been assigned.... AURORA! I am in Aurora again! We`ve been here now since Wednesday, and it has been SO wonderful to visit with all my converts, investigators from before, the families that are members but aren`t attending church anymore, and all the famililes of the ward. Everyone has welcomed me back with huge hugs and have all been so happy to have me back. It`s been really great. On Sunday, the relief society president was putting together our schedule for meals with all the women in the ward, and she told me when we were at lunch at their house after church that all the women were saying, "Yes, we`ll give lunch to the missionaries if we can have Hermana Busath at our house!" (because there are 2 sets of missionaries in our ward, so we have to have 2 schedules for lunches) and that the women all came up and whispered to her, "We call having Hermana Busath at our house for dinner on Christmas/New Years´." Now I don`t mean to toot my own horn, but it is so nice to be so loved by the members, especially when you`re in a country where everything is unfamiliar to you. So mom, don`t worry, here in Aurora the ward takes really good care of me. I really love them so much. I had forgotten how much I love this ward!!
Oh and before all the trainers met our new trainees, we got to go to the TEMPLE together!! It was such a wonderful experience to be there in the Guayaquil temple again, and with my really good friend Hermana Schiller. She is from Chile and came to the mission at the same time as me and was in the other companionship that lived in our house in Aurora when I was first here. She is really wonderful and so sweet and just a really good friend of mine :)
Other than that, the rainy hot season is starting here, so that should be fun. More pictures to come of that. Our area of Aurora is HUGE, with lots of dirt roads. It`s a lot more poor than where I was in Guayaquil, and a lot bigger.
The mission is awesome. I wouldn`t trade this experience for the world. I am so grateful to be here. Words cannot describe the types of esperiences we have here- they are so special. Before a person leaves on their mission, they really cannot imagine what it is going to be like. But it is SO worth it. It`s something that you truly have to experience to know what it`s like or understand why it`s so special. Ahhhh, I love it here.
Have a splendid week! Enjoy Thanksgiving!
Later, gators!
-Hermana Busath
P.S. I forgot the cord to my camera today! AWESOME pictures coming next week :D
No comments:
Post a Comment