Monday, November 11, 2013

Stake Conference!

Hallo! 
What a great week! We got to hear from my mission president (President Torres), our temple president, and our stake president, along with other awesome leaders of the church here, on Saturday and Sunday in Stake Conference. It was amazing! I gotta say, my mission president is awesome. Liiiike, probably the best there has every been. (Okay, tied with Uncle Gary ;) ) In both the sessions, he asked all the missionaries to stand up as he told the stake how amazing we all were and how much we have sacrificed to be here and how much we need their help. We are the only sister missionaries in our stake, and when he couldn`t see us way in the back standing up, he asked, "Where are the sisters?" He really loves us, especially his sister missionaries, so much. I know that he sees us as children of his own, and I know for a fact that he has been called of God to play a huge role in moving the missionary work forward here on Earth, in Ecuador.
He, and almost all the other speakers, talked about how the missionary work is moving along rapidly-- how we are putting forth the final efforts to prepare the earth for Christ`s coming. He told the stake that the days of missionaries on one side of the ward and members on the other have passed, and that we are all one in this effort of preparing all men everywhere for the coming of Christ.
If I had to guess, I would say that in all parts of the world, the leaders are extending the same invitation to all members of the church, and this is the invitation I would like to extent to all of you-- Now is the time to show your love and appreciation for the Gospel that God has blessed you with and to share it with everyone you know and love. We have been chosen to live in these last days because we have the ability and responsibility to invite all of the people living today to come unto Christ and "aprovechar" the eternal blessings of living the Gospel of Christ-- having faith in the Savior and in His Atonement, repenting of the errors we make here on earth, being baptized as was Jesus Christ, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost to be our Guide, Comfort, and Teacher, and actively serving and strengthening our testimonies for the rest of our lives. I know the Savior lives, and that He will come again to the Earth. That all my friends and family whom I love may be prepared and look forward to greet Him in that glorious day is my deepest desire. I bear testimony of Jesus Christ and of His role as Savior, Redeemer, and Friend. I know that there is more to this life than we can see here on Earth, and that we each, as children of God, have a specific purpose and plan from God. He knows you, each of you, and He has taught time and time again that the only way to truly have joy in this life and the next is through His Son, Jesus Christ. That is the message of the Gospel-- that is what I am here to share with the humble people of Ecuador.
I love my calling! I am so happy to be here. I love you all, and hope that you really take my invitation and testimony to heart. Pray to your loving Father. He hears your prayers, and He can speak to you through His Spirit and the scriptures. I love you all!
-Hermana Busath

Pictures:
-Sometimes, when your towel is with the laundry lady,
 you have to use a pillowcase as a towel.


-Rice, rice, everywhere! Even with pasta, these people can`t live without their rice! 
It`s incredible.

-The flowers here in Guayaquil are amazing. 
I`ve made a little collection of dried flowers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment