Welp, I just lost the entire letter I wrote to you. Yeehaw. I love
Peru. So this is going to be very short. Oh and the enter button
doesn´t work, so when you see a #, mom, please hit enter for me :)
Peru. So this is going to be very short. Oh and the enter button
doesn´t work, so when you see a #, mom, please hit enter for me :)
# A few awesome things happened this week! First, Elder Christofferson
came to the MTC to give a devotional! Does he know our family? I know
we know some of the apostles, but I don´t know if we know him. When he
shook my hand after, he called me by my name and he pronounced it
correctly! His devotional was awesome. I wish I had time to re-write
about it. But during the closing song, we made eye contact (I was on
the front row right in front of him) and we smiled at each other. It
was really awesome. I imagine that being somewhat like how it will be
when I look into the Savior´s eyes again someday. I felt very warm and
loved. Elder Christofferson is an amazing man.came to the MTC to give a devotional! Does he know our family? I know
we know some of the apostles, but I don´t know if we know him. When he
shook my hand after, he called me by my name and he pronounced it
correctly! His devotional was awesome. I wish I had time to re-write
about it. But during the closing song, we made eye contact (I was on
the front row right in front of him) and we smiled at each other. It
was really awesome. I imagine that being somewhat like how it will be
when I look into the Savior´s eyes again someday. I felt very warm and
# Second great thing: Hermana Nazer and I got called to be Sister Leaders! It is a calling
comparable to Zone Leaders, and it means that we are in charge of the
welfare of the North American sisters (about 80 of them). I´ll tell
you more about that in the next letter, hopefully, if my email doesn´t
get erased again :)
comparable to Zone Leaders, and it means that we are in charge of the
welfare of the North American sisters (about 80 of them). I´ll tell
you more about that in the next letter, hopefully, if my email doesn´t
get erased again :)
# "So the "investigators" we are teaching, as we teach them, we
pray for them and follow up with them. We also receive inspiration
concerning them and their situations and I can feel Heavenly Father´s love for them as
I teach and listen to them. This week I had a special experience. As I
was teaching our investigator Teresa, she told us about a problem she
concerning them and their situations and I can feel Heavenly Father´s love for them as
I teach and listen to them. This week I had a special experience. As I
was teaching our investigator Teresa, she told us about a problem she
had, and she told us that she doesn´t think that God loves her anymore
because she feels filthy after what she has done. I was overcome by a
rush of the Savior´s love for her as she told us her deepest feelings.
To be able to tell someone, when they feel so low, how much their
Father in Heaven loves them, is one of the sweetest experiences I have
ever had. It´s amazing what you are able to feel for another human being when youbecause she feels filthy after what she has done. I was overcome by a
rush of the Savior´s love for her as she told us her deepest feelings.
To be able to tell someone, when they feel so low, how much their
Father in Heaven loves them, is one of the sweetest experiences I have
are doing the Lord´s work and striving to bring others unto Christ.
# So I got a couple letters! On Wednesday I got 2 letters from mom and 1 from Bobby
Bell. I am sending some out today, but I can only write letters on
p-day. And I also got McKay´s email version of his dear elder mail
today! I am so happy to get mail from all of you. If anyone else has sentBell. I am sending some out today, but I can only write letters on
p-day. And I also got McKay´s email version of his dear elder mail
me a letter, through dearelder.com, I hope it gets here soon! And I´ll try to write you back
soon. But from now on, only send letters to my mission address or my email address, not the MTC :)
I love getting letters! It´s true what they say, "to missionaries, letters are like Christmas presents!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment