A little background, I (mom) had sent her a package a few days after she left for Lima, with some shirts we had ordered & some treats. Every time I checked on the tracking, it ended in Chicago, there was nothing noted or documented after it left Chicago. I was worried it wouldn't make it to the mission home, but apparently it did. Chocolate and all. :)
================================================================================
¡Hola! This week has been great. We have been working hard, and the hard work definitely pays off! We have 8 new baptismal dates, which means 8 more people who will enjoy the blessings of baptism, then hopefully the blessings of the temple as well! It`s been so awesome to be able to bring the knowledge of the gospel to so many people who are so ready to accept and utilize the teachings of Christ in their lives.
Mom! I got the package! Thank you so much!! The chocolate was a little bit melted, but still edible :) Thank you so much for sending that. And I happened to have your note with me during a lesson when I felt prompted to share one of the scriptures you wrote to me, so I showed our investigator Christian your letter! The scripture really helped him, and me. Thanks mom. And about my address-- so people don`t really have addresses here. It`s more like "the pink house with 4 pillars between this street and that one". So that means that if anyone wants to send me anything, it has to be to the mission home. Sorry! But I will get it soon enough. They`re pretty good at getting mail to us, I think. ;)
So this week a bird pooped on my head. First time in my life that has happened, and it was first thing in the morning. So yeah, that was fun!
So here, most people don`t have cars. They walk or take a taxi or bus if they need to go somewhere, or a family might have a motorcycle. Every day I see tons of motorcycles with entire families on board! Mom, dad, and three children, the youngest being a newborn in the arms of the mother. It`s not safe at all, but sometimes you just have to do what necessity requires.
Sorry to anyone who has written me and not gotten a response; being a missionary is a full-time job! I really love reading your letters, and I will try my best to respond as soon as I can.
Love you all! Keep the faith! Have a great week!
-Hermana Busath
Here are some photos!!
Getting off the plane in Guayaquil!!
Last picture with my first companion, Hermana Nazer <3
Our group picture with President and Sister Torres
My new companion, Sister Cambal, and me, in front of the Guayaquil Temple
This is a view from my apartment as I was eating lunch today
This is my apartment
Sore pinky toe and funny tan lines, although the lines aren't
showing up so much in the pic :(






No comments:
Post a Comment