Tuesday, February 18, 2014

LOCOTROCIOUS!!

[I could not open the 2 photos she sent this week, sorry.]

Hola!
First of all, I had transfers this week! Well, not really. I just got a new companion. We actually just switched the companionships of our ward. So now my companion is Hermana Macahuachi. :D She`s great. She is always very happy and optimistic, and tries to look at the good in everything. I know I am going to learn a lot from her!

WE HAD A BAPTISM THIS WEEK!!! It was my first baptism since December 7th. His name is Carlos Macias. It was probably the most stressful night of my life. Let me just tell you a little bit of why... Here`s a little glimpse to the life of a missionary in South America...
2 of the sisters stayed at home because Hermana Ureta and Hermana Ynoñan stayed home sick. So it was my companion and me, but basically just me because she was sick, running the whole night. Hermana Ynoñan had a great idea to have a Book of Mormon theater at the church. Cool. We didn`t plan who was going to lead the night, who was going to be the MC, and every other detail of the activity. Not cool. So that was my job. And while running the show, I also had to plan and secure the baptism that was going to start at 8:00 because Carlos didn`t decide to be baptized until the afternoon. Woot!

The activity was planned to start at 6:00, but it`s just custom here that no one shows up for the first 30 minutes. So we planned to start at6:30. Guess what time we started? 7:30. Remember what time the baptism was going to start? Yeah. So during the activity we literally would run up to the front and announce the next act, run outside to greet Carlos and calm him down, run back up and announce the next act, write the program for the baptism, announce the next act, make sure the food for the baptism was all set up, announce the next, and so on. It was LOCO.
But somehow the baptism started at exactly 8:00. I don`t know how it was possible. It really was a miracle from the Lord. The baptism was great, and I was able to relax a little bit. In the baptismal font, he told the brother who baptized him that he wasn`t sure if he wanted to do it. He almost ran away, haha. But in the end, he decided it was the best decision for his life. Attached is a picture of him hugging his mormon girlfriend, who is scheduled to leave for her mission to Peru on my birthday.
So we got home about 9:20, and we started to plan. But my companion was acting really strange and started to cry. I asked her what was wrong, and long story short, she was having heart attacks. So yeah, to the emergency room we went. We got home at about 1 AM, then in the morning went to take our investigators to church, and had church at 8 AM. I was just a little tired. But anyway, that`s just the life of a missionary! Fun fun!
Oh yeah, and last Monday, after I wrote the letter home, I went to the hospital with my then-companion, Hermana Ureta, for the night. Turns out she had dengue fever. We`ve all been visiting the doctor a lot this week, with my compy and Hermana Ureta. It`s been a crazy loco week!
I wanted to include a couple other pictures, but this computer is too slow. Next week :)
The week our investigator, Pedro, who used to drink a lot, said to us, "You both are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You saved me. I really consider you my sisters... No, I consider you my daughters." Awww it was so sweet! I am so privileged to be able to work with such a loving and caring person.

I know that our Heavenly Father values each of us as His special sons and daughters. I have learned this week that I can be happy with small changes toward the Savior. I can be happy with little steps of faith, little acts of service, and little resists of the temptations of Satan. I know that the Lord is happy when we follow Him, even if our steps are seemingly insignificant. They are significant to Him.
Love,
Hermana Busath


No comments:

Post a Comment