Hello! I had a lot to do in my hour of computer time today, so again I won`t be able to write a lot. But here are some pictures. The gospel of Christ is true. He lives. His teachings and love change lives. The basic gospel principles that we all know fromSunday School really do guide us to happier lives if we live them.
We are working with 2 people who are preparing for their baptisms, Carlos Macias and Pedro Criollo. Carlos will be baptized this weekend (WAHOO!!!!!) and the story of Pedro is incredible. The first day we visited him, he was completely drunk. The day before, his daughter got married, but no one invited him because they didn`t want their drunk father at the wedding. THey just showed up with a bouquet of flowers and told him what had happened. It was really sad. We shared some of the gospel with him, comitted him to stop drinking, and when we came back 2 days later, he hadn`t had any alcohol at all. He completely changed. Now, 1.5 weeks later, he still hasn`t had any alcohol. His life is better. He is literally SO excited to read the Book of Mormon and really looking forward to his baptism on the 22 of February. Oh, it is wonderful. I really find joy in seeing changes like this in the lives of Heavenly Father`s children. This is the reason I came on the mission.
I love Ecuador, and I love the people here. Sometimes it`s scary, sometimes it`s hard, and sometimes it`s a little frustrating. But I try to find the best of every day and lose myself in this work. As we forget about our needs by serving others, Heavenly Father personally cares for all the needs we have. I know that to be true. I have really lived that here in the mission. The Good Shepherd knows every one of His sheep, and He cares for us as we care for each other.
All my love,
Hermana Busath
The view from our window at night
I saw Hermana Nazer!!! I love her!!!
My zone with President Torres
Me with President Torres, my mission president!
Some little notes I made for myself and some companions
My zone, Huancavilca
Huancavilca, foto loco
A member family that we work with a lot (the old man is our ward mission leader)
The bishop´s family and us 4 missionaries who are here in Huancavilca ward. His name is Bishop Chavez
A cute shirt I bought for myself for Valentine`s Day today! (back side of the shirt) Not actually sure if that holiday exists here because I haven`t heard anything about it yet. But it exists for me!
Yahoo for the most awkward Valentine´s Day I´ll ever have------as a missionary! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment