Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bohemian Missionary



"Don't dig up in doubt what you once planted in faith." -Baptist church marquee

What a miraculous week! As we've shown our commitment to doing all we can to bring to pass the Lord's work here in Alabama, we've been met with miracles and strengthened beyond our own abilities to complete the work we have been sent here to do.

Yesterday at church, we were enjoying the opening exercises of Relief Society. Sister Nelms, our teacher, had just begun her lesson when a member of the bishopric walked in and asked her to step out for a minute. (Let me just say, this woman is hilarious. She is so bold and really just does what she wants to. She's a spiritual powerhouse and we love bringing her out teaching with us. But what I'm focusing on here, is that she just does whatever she wants to.) She squished up her face, thinking about what to do, and pointed straight at me and said, "Sister, come on up here. Start teaching." I'm sure my face said it all- I was completely taken by surprise! Well, I marched right on up there, past all the women in our ward, looked at the page she was flipped to in the manual, and began teaching. This, my friends, is a stark example of the help Heavenly Father affords to His missionaries to complete His work. It also is a witness to me of the importance of continual gospel study. Can you imagine how embarrassed I would have been to get up there and have nothing to say about the topic at hand? I taught the first 15 minutes of the class, teaching by the Spirit and relying on all the studies I had done in the past. We should always prepare well when we are called to teach lessons, whether that be teaching investigators, family home evening, Relief Society, home teaching, or even our own children and families. But sometimes, the Lord calls us to teach in unexpected moments, and it is then that we are to rely upon the lifetime of studies that we have acquired. Ya never know when you'll be called up to teach or bear testimony, so keep those testimonies burning bright and spend time in the scriptures each day! Ultimately, the time will unexpectedly come when the Savior will visit the Earth again. Let us be as the five prepared women in the story of the Ten Virgins, with our lamps filled and our light burning bright. Make a goal today to have quiet moments through scripture and prayer and renew your testimony daily. Recognize the purpose of your life-- to prepare to meet God. "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." -Alma 34:32

I found an incredible scripture this week. Do you ever read a scripture and think, "Has that been there this whole time? I've never read that before!" PAY ATTENTION TO THOSE! Study them, memorize them, write about them, apply them. Those are the scriptures that Heavenly Father is using to guide your life in that moment. The one I found this week was Alma 26:22: "Yea, he that REPENTETH and EXERCISETH FAITH, and BRINGETH FORTH GOOD WORKS, and PRAYETH CONTINUALLY without ceasing-- unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed…" What the! That's awesome! 4 incredibly specific things we can do to receive revelation from God in our personal lives. Which one can you work on this week? Lots of people struggle with feeling like God isn't guiding them or they can't feel His presence in their lives. Well, there's your solution! Give it a try.

Love y'all!

-Hermana Busath

P.S. Our investigator Angelic accepted a baptismal date yesterday! She'll be baptized on August 9th. What a ninja! I love that girl. Plus, she gave me a gorgeous bracelet and told me it matched my style because I dress "bohemian". Never heard that one before! Hope it's a compliment! ;)

PICTURES!

-Cute socks that my momma sent in my package this week (THANKS MOM! I got the package! You're the best! All that stuff was so perfect. The quotes especially. We all enjoyed them. Love you!)



 -Papusas in our favorite little Mexican restaurant, Leo's




 -Our HUGE salads that we each for lunch. Mmmm


-Us in the library snagging manuals for the Gospel Principles class



-David and Vivi Currier and us



 -Mishelle Williams and me


 -Us with Angelic 
(I gave her that skirt cause she didn't have any church-appropriate ones. She rocked it!)



-Brother and Sister Hopper and me (they fed us TWICE on Sunday! What a rockin family!)


-Missionaries in our ward, Elders Turley and Dietrich and Sisters Child, Downs and Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment