Monday, September 16, 2013

Hola from Aurora down South!

Hallo! This week has been great! I don`t have pictures to send because my camera is at a member´s house who is transferring my pictures to my jump drive. But next week I will send the one of Karem´s baptism!
Karem made it to her baptism, despite many bumps in the road on Saturday and then on Sunday as well. She was having problems with her family, but everything worked out and she was baptized and confirmed this weekend :) She is so wonderful! She´s 20 years old and has a very sweet personality. She is going to make a great Young Women´s president one day :)
On the other hand, Josué wasn´t baptised this weekend. He got really sick and ended up in the hospital :/ We´ve rescheduled his baptism for this coming weekend.
I really loved the talk that you sent me, Mom, and want to recommend it to everyone to read. It´s called Waiting on the Road to Damascus by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I shared it with one of our investigators, Edith, this week, because she is having a hard time deciding what to do in her life right now. She feels like she needs a lot more time to learn more about the church and read the bible before she is baptized. Read the talk to find out why I recommended it to her ;)
So this week during companionship study, I was practicing testifying to Hermana Cambal of the Book of Mormon, in Spanish. It was a really spritual moment. I was explaining the history, and said that just like there were people writing the Bible in another continent, there were also people here in the Americas that needed to know the way to salvation as well. I asked if she remembered the story of Christopher Columbus, when he came to the Americas and found the indiginous people here. But instead of saying "indiginous people" (indigenas) I said "unworthy people" ("indignos")! We laughed for a good 5 minutes. Well, first Hermana Cambal laughed, and through her tears she explained what I had said. It´s a good thing that didn´t happen in a real lesson! :P
I invite you all to read the Book of Mormon, starting from the very first page, to read more about these "indiginous people". I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that it is the word of God. I know that the prophet Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God, and that Jesus Christ restored His original church again on the earth. His church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And if you want to see what sort of thing I do every day here in Ecuador, ask my mom or dad to get you in touch with the missionaries in your area, who will come to your home and teach you about what we believe. (Except I´ll be doing it in Spanish, not English like over there in the States :) ) Have a great week!!
-Hermanita Angela Busath

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I love reading Angela's blog as well. I want this time to go by fast, yet I don't. It is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete