Hola!! I love the MTC!!
I made it to the Peru MTC, safe and sound (and tired)! We got in to the Lima airport at about 10:30, but, if you can believe it, didn´t arrive at the MTC until 4 AM! It took a while to get our whole group through the airport, with customs and and extra baggage check and stuff, then we ended up having to wait at the airport for like 4 hours for a few other missionaries to arrive on different flights. It was crazy! But we all got to know each other really well and now it´s fun because we are like a little family :)
Hermanas Nazer, Catmull, and Harper were all in my group coming in. And guess what?? Hermana Nazer is my companion!! She is so awesome. We have already had a lot of fun together and we get along so well. She is from Idaho and she´s such a cute girl. I´m really glad we´re companions! We compliment each other really well.
Okay so to be honest, I got off the airplane and saw all the airport workers and thought, "Why are there only 14-year-olds working here??" As I got closer, I realized they were all older than me. Some of them a lot older than me. They are just a lot smaller than what I´m used to! I felt like I was with my people! On the other hand, here at the MTC there are tons of natives, and they are all speaking Spanish a million words a minute. In that sense, I´m not really fitting in at all haha I´m trying so hard to understand and respond with something at least a little coherent, but judging by the looks they all give me, I am not doing so hot. In fact, a group of elders saw Hermana Nazer and me and said, "Hola Hermanas!" So we responded with a big, "Hola! Como estan?" and realized we had made a huge mistake. By acting like we knew what we were doing, we made the elders think we really did know what we were doing. Bad idea. We just kinda kept walking like we were in a hurry and said, "Adios!" behind us hahaha
So I guess to sum it all up, for the 12 or so hours that I´ve been in Peru, I´ve been really exhausted but also excited to be here. I don´t feel nearly as out of my element as I thought I would, but maybe that´s because I am in the MTC. I hope I get to go to the temple soon; we saw it on the way in and it is beautiful.
My P-day is on Tuesday, so I´ll write again then. We only have 30 minutes though, so it´s not a ton of time. The work of the Lord is pressing on! The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important thing we can learn about. Take time to study it and to become like Jesus Christ, and you will be happy! He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light.
Love,
Hermana Angela Busath
Great!
ReplyDeleteI loved Angela's details. She is a good writer. That should make for some great letters home.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice for me to read, because it helps fill in more of what Abbie is experiencing too.
Thanks!